Drama, Romance, Intrigue...

Love. Early American Style.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

The shoppe is coming along well.....

Well, it's a busy time of year for all of us, but even busier when you are trying to open a brick and mortar style store! The retail shoppe is coming along very well. The downstairs floors will be the original wide plank floor boards that were in the barn (my husband did a wonderful job of "reclaiming" them) and it looks oh so prim! He built me a large, wide counter for the checkout area and the top is made of some of the wide plank barn boards. He sanded them lightly and stained them so that they were a uniform color, then used polyurethane to seal them and protect the surface. My countertop should be wide enough for my cash register, a countertop display area, a wrapping area for those fragile items, and hopefully, room for my 1800's slanttop schoolmasters/merchant's desk! I can hardly wait!

The only remaining work for the downstairs is for us to paint the walls and trimwork, and hang our lighting. Now that I think about it, I best get working on sewing up those new curtains! Yeah, I'm making them myself, very primitive style just as in the Colonial times when they used simple cotton fabric hung from the top and pulled and gathered to one side.

My husband has done a wonderful job in getting the downstairs ready so that, after the holidays, I can hang out the OPEN sign if I'm up to it that day. This way, we can be partially open while he works upstairs. Don't forget, we will have two FULL floors of primitive goodies for you to enjoy!

We have recently added a longer driveway and a great parking area as well. We are in the process of getting our sign designed for out by the road, then we should be just about ready! I would like to enjoy this one last holiday of semi-quiet time with my boys before I open my shoppe. They are only young once, and I hate to rush anything!

So bear with us! I know that I have already had (amazingly!) several customers and potential customers that live locally contact me and ask when we will be opening. Be assured that it will be soon enough, and hopefully, well worth the wait for you all! I want this shoppe to be a reflection of everything I love about Colonial and Primitive Living, and hope that you will enjoy what we will have to offer.

In the meantime, please visit our website at www.finecountrylivingprimitives.com and see our new items for the holidays! I am thrilled and amazed at how quickly the items are selling, so please hurry for the best selection since I am not sure if I will be able to get more items in before the holidays.

If you are a local customer, you always have the option to shop online and during the checkout process, choose customer pickup, or just email me through my website or call 965-0985 and make arrangements to pick your items up, we'd love to meet you!

Blessings to all!

Mary Jo

No comments: