Drama, Romance, Intrigue...

Love. Early American Style.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Chick Pictures!

No scantilly clad ladies here, I'm talking about our new baby chicks! Here are a few pictures for your enjoyment.

This is a picture of my youngest, Sammy, watching television with the chicks. (It didn't last long, one escaped and we had to chase it around the living room to get it back! LOL!)





Here they are getting their exercise in their little fenced in barnyard. They were enjoying their first sunny and warm day outside.





Here is their soon to be new home. My husband, Russ, made it look like an outhouse. It features recycled barnboards and the door is made from the original door from my shoppe (the one that used to be upstairs, and are now windows).





You can tell it's Spring here in Springville, Russ and Sam couldn't wait to mow the grass! I think, once again, we were the first house in the township to mow!





Just another day in our little corner of the world!

Many blessings,
Mary Jo

3 comments:

Country*Road*Primitives said...

I love the chick house MJ!! Okay, we're playing tag and I got your blog addy from Deanna's site and am tagging you! You must tag 5 other people and list 5 things that people don't know about you :) My blog is www.countryroadprimitives.blogspot.com if you would like to post it and I'll be happy to post yours! TAG, YOU'RE IT :)

Holly Tree Primitives said...

MJ, those chicks are so cute! And Sammy looks tickled to have them. I want one, they just look snuggely.

I LOVE the outhouse chicken coop, very clever, Russ. I like that you recycled the old wood too.

Love Ya,
Michele

Bluejean Primitives said...

That is the best chicken coop! My Mother has been talking of getting some chickens, but she wants an old fashioned coop... she's going to LOVE yours!

There's nothing more cute than baby chickens :)

Jean