Drama, Romance, Intrigue...

Love. Early American Style.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

My latest trip to Lancaster

I enjoyed my day trip yesterday to Lancaster County, PA, and it was a beautiful sunny Spring day. It was quite windy, but wasn't a hinderance, only when trying to drive my minivan on the interstate! LOL!

The Amish families have already started to clear their vegetable gardens near their houses and many farmers were plowing their fields. If you have never had the opportunity to see the rich, dark soil of Lancaster County fields, there is no other way for me to describe them other than saying that they look like chocolate....that rich, dark brown of yummy chocolate! I love farming, and I appreciate the beauty in those fields even before anything is planted there.

The forsythea bushes were just beginning to bloom and many early flowering trees were past the budding stages and starting to open up their leaves. What a welcome site!!!!

I went to my suppliers to stock up, but many were sold out of our regular items. The everlasting tapers and pillar candles were gone yet again, so if you wanted any, now is the time because I'm not sure when my suppliers will have more once I sell out.

Lover's knot coverlets and accessories were also sold out, and the 4" cinnamon scented handpoured tapers that you all love were also out of stock. *sigh*

The good news is that I do have some new items, and will be adding them in the next few days as I have time. I also was able to restock Betsy Ross Flags, both large and small, and those great rusty taper candle shelf clips (the pointed and the star) that I have had several telephone calls about.

Local customers, I brought back some wonderful items for you as well! Larger lighted saltbox houses are in, and they are a NEW style....a light in every window! They look great, and I can't wait to see them lit in the shoppe. Just in time for Mother's Day, great handpoured cupcake candles. They look real and smell great....I brought back Chocolate with Chocolate icing and Chocolate with Buttercream icing. Seriously, you won't want to stop smelling them, and they will be priced right at $3.50 each! They come wrapped in cellophane, tied with curly ribbon and have a beautiful label....a gift already in the making! A new print will be available, reed diffusers and holders, rag balls, new primitive words for your shelves, Americana items, and much more. We're open every weekend, Saturdays 10-5 and Sundays 12-5 and once my son is out of preschool at the end of May, we will be open Fridays and Mondays too!

One more thing I brought back from Lancaster.....Amish made sticky buns and bread....but they are for us....sorry! LOL! Sorry for the tease, I couldn't resist!

Many blessings,
Mary Jo

No comments: