Drama, Romance, Intrigue...

Love. Early American Style.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Shoppe Closed May 3 for Special Family Event

I just wanted to let everyone know that we are closing our retail shoppe just for this Saturday, May 3, to attend a special family event.

My husband's ancestor, Joseph Elliott, is being honored that day. A monument was erected in his honor in 1929 and is being re-dedicated this Saturday, and our Elliott family will be proud to attend. He was quite the heroic and honorable man. This is an honor for our family, literally a once in a lifetime event, and cannot wait to share it with our two little boys! Joseph Elliott was not only heroic on that day 226 years ago, but was also commended for his bravery six years earlier and on Christmas Day, 1776, was presented with a sword by General George Washington.

I would be honored if you took a moment to read about it also, so here is the link....

http://74.95.82.236:591/rconline/FMPro?-db=rconline.fp5&-format=record%5fdetail.html&-lay=allfields&-sortfield=articleno&Cover=N&WebAdStatus=N&-op=cn&Search=lime%20hill&-max=20&-recid=12596284&-find=

I would like to add that I am not surprised that my husband is a direct descendent of Joseph Elliott. Afterall, my husband is the most noble and honorable man that I know, and I am sure that Joseph Elliott would feel the same way.

Many Blessings,
Mary Jo Elliott

No comments: