Drama, Romance, Intrigue...

Love. Early American Style.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Heartfelt Thank you!

I honestly could not wait any longer to post on my blog about our Grand Opening Celebration and Open House this weekend.

I would like to thank my sister, Terri, for coming to help us both days with our Grand Opening. She was my help in the shoppe and also helped with keeping our boys entertained while Russ and I greeted customers and shared our home with friends and family. Terri was always there to run and get me an ice cold lemonade when I was about to fall over from dehydration, when I needed help with packaging purchases and was also a wonderful hostess. Thank you again Terri, and you'll never know how much I appreciated your help this weekend!

Many thanks to my wonderful customers and even strangers who, online, saw that we were having our celebration and emailed me to wish me luck. I know that most of you live all over the country, and even the world, and so many of you just sent me a quick email to say that you wished you could be here. I just wanted you all to know how much that meant to me, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Thanks to my old and dear friend, Debbie G., who came all the way from Scranton to see the shoppe. I worked with Debbie years ago and she has always been such a true friend, through thick and thin. Thank you Deb for being here to share this moment with our family, and remember, there's always a rocking chair on the porch for you and an extra sewing machine to sew with!!!!

Thanks to Leah, another dear friend from our teenage years, who has always been there for me. Leah, and her son Tyler, came up from Clarks Summit to celebrate with us. Tyler and our son Seth are only three weeks apart, so the boys had a great time playing while we did some catching up. Thanks Leah for being here for me, yet again!

Thank you to my local customers who came from all over! I had customers drive from Candor, New York, Binghamton, New York, Carbondale, Scranton, Clarks Summit, Forest City, and all of our local towns and rural townships to see our new shoppe. It was a pleasure to share with you all my love of primitives and folk art, and I had so much fun laughing and sharing stories of wonderful finds, trash to treasure tips, doll making techniques, and just plain talk about simple living. Thank you for shopping local and helping out a new small business in our area. We can't thank you enough for your support!

Thank you to Russ's brother Tom and his wife Mary, who traveled from Athens, PA, to see how our shoppe finally turned out. Mary was kind enough to bring me a lovely potted flower and a handmade card with a keepsake copy of my invitation I sent them. It is truly something I will treasure forever, and you know how much we love you both! Thanks for taking the time out of your busy lives to share this special time with Russ and I, we will never forget it! And it was great seeing Mary's daughter, Erin, once again! She's engaged to be married and is in the process of buying her first home with her fiance, so we wish them all the best of luck!

Gosh, I can't forget to thank my boys! Seth and Sam helped me so much (well, tried) to get ready for the Grand Opening. Some of you may have noticed items priced several times....well, they love to put prices on items, and they were a great help, many times over. And we can't forget all of the supervising that they did when Russ was working on the shoppe and Sam loved to get in there and paint and spackle....spackling was his very favorite thing! He's good at it too! so thanks boys! Mama loves you!!!!!!

Finally, but most importantly, I must thank my husband Russ. Anyone who has read this blog or knows me, understands the importance of him in my life. This man has turned my life into a dream come true. He is the hardest worker you will ever find in your lifetime, or a few lifetimes. He spent countless months (okay, like a year) preparing for this weekend, making sure that I had a beautiful shoppe that I could peddle my wares in. He made a place for me in which not only can I sell my primitives and folk art, but I could share my passion for it with others. When I step through the door, I can see his handywork in every inch of that old carriage barn, and my heart swells with pride in what he has accomplished for not only myself, but for our entire family.

Something that my brother-in-law, Tom, had said to me on Saturday touched me more than anyone will ever know. He told me that ever since they were little boys, Russ has always dreamed of "This". He said that Russell (he always calls him Russell) always loved old things, and as they grew up, expressed that he wanted to have an old house of his own someday that he could work on, restore, and share with his family. Tom said that "This" was Russ's dream his whole life, and little did Tom know, "This", has always been my dream too. A simple, honest and good life is all I've ever needed, and all I've ever really wanted, and my dream has come true. Thank you Russ, and I love you and the boys more than anything in the entire world. The Light within you is your greatest gift to us all!

Thanks again everyone! And many blessings!!!!!!!!

Mary Jo

No comments: