Drama, Romance, Intrigue...

Love. Early American Style.

Friday, November 28, 2008

You MUST Have Dinner at Remingtons!

On Monday, December 1, Russ and I will celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary. To celebrate, we were fortunate enough to have my sister, Wendy, and her husband, Ken, come over and watch our two boys while we went out for dinner.

This is a big deal for us. Russ and I go out twice a year. Once for our anniversary, and once for his birthday, May 1. We never go out for my birthday in January since each and every year it snows, so I just gave up! LOL!

Anyhow, we made our first visit to Remington's Restaurant in Tunkhannock, PA, and what a delight it was! The moment you step onto the porch of the restaurant, you know that you are in for a real treat. Immediately, I recognized Ruth's decorating, and you feel right at home as you enter through the door.

Ruth and Jack have made this restaurant so inviting. Multiple fireplaces, antiques, colorful paintings, dining areas both upstairs and down, and music set the mood! You can begin with a drink in the Leopard Lounge which is new and looks like fun. If you are like me, you immediately want to get to the food, so this time around, we skipped the lounge. ;-)

Of course Ruth made us feel right at home, and Kristy was quick to take care of anything we needed. I started out with stuffed mushrooms (fresh crab meat, melted cheese and garlic butter...oh my goodness!) and Russ chose the French onion soup. Our fresh and delicious salads were next, and then came my New York Strip steak topped with mushrooms in a bourbon sauce. Russ had the Chicken Chesapeake which was tender chicken topped with fresh crab meat and melted cheese. I must admit, my steak was awesome, but after I tried his chicken, I know for sure that next time, I'm going with the Chicken!

Everything was fantastic, the food, the atmosphere, the hospitality! If you are in the historic town of Tunkhannock, please be sure to try Remingtons! It's located at 203 E. Tioga Street (near Brick's supermarket) and they can be reached at 570-836-2401. You can also visit their website at www.remingtonstunkhannock.com.

Remington's Restaurant, "Polished Casual Dining", and a wonderful way to spend a special evening! Thanks Ruth!

Many Blessings,
Mary Jo

1 comment:

Holly Tree Primitives said...

Happy Anniversary!

Sounds like you had a wonderful evening out. I am so glad. Everyone needs to have an evening out once in a while.

Congratulations!

~Michele