Drama, Romance, Intrigue...

Love. Early American Style.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

It's officially hybernation mode for me!

Well, not really, but we are now officially on our new Winter Shoppe Hours of Fridays and Saturdays, 10-5. As all of my customers know, you can always call ahead and I'll gladly open for you any day or time as long as we are able to!

The last few weeks have been very snowy and icy. Surprisingly, my customers trudged through all of it and I still had my dedicated prim lovers coming in their four wheel drive vehicles and snow gear! Now that's what I call a passion for primitives and I love it! LOL!

I do ask my local customers to call if it's snowing hard since, many times, it's just myself, the boys and the snowblower. The boys are too young to use it and I haven't been officially trained on it, so don't count on a cleared driveway my friends! It's hard when Russ works those swing shifts and is gone for 14 hours, but he's a great man....tonight he came home and was out with the snowblower at 8:30 p.m. in the dark clearing the way so that I can get out in the morning.

Seth has his Christmas play with the other kindergarden students at his school and Sam has his preschool Christmas party, it's so much fun with the boys at these ages! They are very excited about Christmas, but not just for Santa and their presents...they love to celebrate everything about the holidays! Sharing with family and friends, singing and decorating, and always thinking of those that aren't as fortunate as we are. Even at their young ages, my boys are aware of the conditions that some children live in throughout the world and in our own country. They have many ideas on how to make things better, and someday I'll share that with you all, but for now, just keep those in need in your prayers tonight, just as our boys do each and every night. We're blessed to have boys who care so much about everyone in the world, and not just themselves!

Many Blessings,
Mary Jo

1 comment:

Karen said...

Mary Jo, bless you all on the wonderful Christmas Holiday.
Stay safe and warm and enjoy everything to its fullest.
Karen