Drama, Romance, Intrigue...

Love. Early American Style.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

New Goodies coming very soon!

Even though I'm exhausted, and quite hungry, I just have to post about my great shopping trip in Lancaster! Wow, did I get some great primitives! WooHoo!

I have some super handpainted and handcrafted items for the retail shoppe here in Springville, and some for the website as well! I've restocked some old favorites of the handmade goodies, but be on the look-out for new ones also!

Not only did I come home with a van full, I also had two big boxes from suppliers when I came home....I think I know what I'm doing the next 4-5 days! There are some incredible new woven throws in just the absolute BESTEST (yes, it's a word) colonial style pattern. Love it, love it, LOVE IT! I'm so excited, can you tell?

I stopped on my way home at the Countryside Roadstand on Stumptown Road in Ronks, PA. This is a little place that my sister, Wendy, showed me and I've been hooked on it ever since. It's all Amish made goods, so do you want to hear what I brought back? How about dilly beans.....jarred pickled green beans with lots of garlic and dill. My mother canned these when we were kids, and they take me back to my childhood! Oh, also brought back homemade butter. Two big logs of it! It's churned and rolled into these logs, then wrapped in butchers paper. This stuff is as good as gold! I love using this butter for my vegetables and for frying eggs in the morning. I divide the logs into smaller sizes and freeze them, then take out the smaller portions as needed. Also brought back fresh bread, sticky buns, whoopie pies and snickerdoodle cookies. Yum, Yum, Yum. NEVER shop at an Amish store when you are hungry!

I'll tell you about my other stop another time. Gotta run, grab a sticky bun for a snack, then off to bed. I'm tired! Luckily Russ (hubby) is off and can put the boys to bed tonight, Mom's beating them to sleep for once!

Check back in a few days to see the new items, okay? Don't miss out, their fabulous!

Many Blessings,
Mary Jo

No comments: