Drama, Romance, Intrigue...

Love. Early American Style.

Friday, October 2, 2009

It's that time of year....

We've been enjoying our fireplaces and fired up the pellet stove yesterday which means Fall has arrived here in Springville!

We love Fall, the coolness of the air, the crisp, falling leaves and believe it or not, the starkness of the landscape is sometimes soothing to me. I love flowers, but being quite a plain girl, I also like the barren flower beds as well. I'm a true believer that less is more, and I enjoy simplistic beauty of our home without all of the "stuff" around it.

That's another one of my favorite decorating tips. Yes, I sell home decor and would LOVE to sell you everything in my shoppe or on my website, but sometimes, less is more! My kitchen is chocked full of prim goodies, but my sitting room and living room both have bare spots on the walls, and I love the simplicity of it. It helps that the walls are painted a mustard-like tan. If they were white, it would look stark, but with the warmth of the walls, we can use less decor and enjoy the quietness of the room. And if you are wondering, it's called Harvest Brown by Behr paints. We even painted the walls of the shoppe and the primitives really "pop" against this color!

So, love what you have, have what you love. Less is more, and enjoy the simple things in life....that's what primitives, to me, are all about!

Many Blessings,
Mary Jo

No comments: