Drama, Romance, Intrigue...

Love. Early American Style.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Working on our home

Our 1827 farmhouse has been a work in progress since we bought it 6 1/2 years ago. Now, most of that work was done by my husband and with two little guys running around or in playpens.

Our boys are now in school and there is more time, so hubby has moved on to the upstairs. Wall color is Harvest Brown by Behr paint, the same color as most of our downstairs which is a warm neutral, looks great with white trim and is AWESOME with primitives!

The front sitting room upstairs is now the boys bedroom (or will be when we get furntiture moved) and he's moving onto painting our bedroom. My new theme is going to be my own invention of a Primitive Amish. Silly, I know, but I love my new Amish quilt I bought this Spring and I have some wonderful Amish pictures. I also collect prayer caps, cape dresses and straw hats and plan on hanging them on peg racks in the bedroom. The primitives come in when I need to add a few things here and there such as lighting, but we live simply and there won't be much more.

After our bedroom, we only have two smaller bedrooms upstairs and the second floor will be complete. We have two other upstairs bedrooms and our third bath on the other side of the second floor (we call them our attic bedrooms) but they are currently filled with primitives for all of you ;-) We'll finish them sometime down the road, no hurry there (besides, if you have too many spare rooms, suddenly family appears out of nowhere to visit!). Did I just say that out loud? Shhhhh, it's our secret.

Anyhow, that's what's going on. We figure that by the time we get to the end of renovating the house, it will be time to start from square one with maintenance work. Always something going on to keep this girl in tip top shape, but these old houses are so worth it!

We'll post pics when ready!!!!

Many Blessings,
Mary Jo

No comments: