Drama, Romance, Intrigue...

Love. Early American Style.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's the simple things in life....

It's the simple things in life that make us the most happy. Here are just a few in my own life these past few days that make me smile.....

My seven year old Seth telling me what he hopes to dream of that night while asleep.

My five year old Sam sweetly smiling up at me from his bed after his fever broke.

Our dog trying to climb into bed with Sam while he's sick to comfort him.

Seth smiling wide and proudly showing that his front tooth fell out. He whistles when he talks now....

My cat batting at me as I round the corner to go upstairs, she's just asking for a moment of my time for a little petting...

My husband telling me how what a great job I'm doing with my business.

Hearing my chickens clucking and running to the fence for scraps. I know there are pretty blue eggs waiting for us in the hen house....

A customer offerring thanks for a special order.

I'm thankful for my handy husband who can fix just about anything, and knows enough to admit when he can't.

That quiet, still Voice within that tells me it's going to be okay.

The thoughtfulness of Friends who care.

Someone today told me they thought my gray hair was just beautiful. (thank you)

The smooth hum of my new sewing machine.

Our neighbors bringing special bags of Halloween candy because they missed our boys Halloween night.

A simple returned wave and smile from a gas company worker....hey, they are far away from family, they appreciate a gentle smile from us.

Warm weather in November.

We have more than so many, even though we don't have it all.

Seth happy to see us when he gets off the school bus and tells us he loves his family.

I love what I do and do what I love.

Our home, how far we've come with very little, how we did it together, and did it on our own.

That's just a few of the things that made me happy this week. I know I missed most of them, but there's more to come.

Many Blessings,
Mary Jo

1 comment:

Beth at Mehitable Puddington's Cupboard said...

Your list is so lovely and upbuilding! Thanks so much for painting such a beautiful word picture.