Drama, Romance, Intrigue...

Love. Early American Style.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sign of the times?

A sad note today. I had a few minutes and decided to check out all of my primitive friends in my links page on my website. So many have closed.....it's such a shame. There were some fabulous online shoppes that had great wares, and it's sad to see that they are no longer online.

When I first started, many of my online friends were also starting websites. I know that only one, maybe two, remain open in addition to myself. I also remember one person telling me that for about every online shoppe that opens, another one or two will close.

Is it a sign of the economic times? I'm not sure, since many shoppes that I remember from my beginning days closed about two years ago, before the economic crisis began.

All that I know is that it's a sad day to see someone's online shoppe close...even though it's the "competition", it's still someone's dream that has been put to the side for one reason or another. I know how much I love my online shoppe, I could literally eat, sleep, breathe primitives, and can't imagine the sorrow I would feel if I had to close. My heart goes out to my primitive friends out there who had to make that tough decision and I hope to see you all back online sometime soon!

Many Blessings,
Mary Jo

No comments: