Drama, Romance, Intrigue...

Love. Early American Style.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Sound of Sleigh Bells

Okay, I'm hooked. I just finished reading Cindy Woodsmall's newest book, "The Sound of Sleigh Bells". Again, amazing!

Cindy really knows how to tell a story with such feeling, and since this is the fourth or fifth book I've read of hers, I can now proclaim that you cannot predict where the next twist and turn of storyline will take you. I like that, I dislike predictibility.

Last week I finished up her Sisters of the Quilt series and just could not put the three books down.

If you are looking for good Christian fiction pertaining to Amish and Mennonite lifestyles, but fiction with a good storyline, intrigue, and tells real stories of peoples' lives (not just the sugar coated version), then Cindy Woodsmall is the author for you!

Many Blessings,
Mary Jo

4 comments:

Catherine, Primitives by Kathy said...

Oh my gosh, I love books that are Amish and Mennonite Fiction and have not read this author yet!!! Thanks so much for the tip, I'm heading to the library tonight!

Catherine, Primitives by Kathy said...

Oh my gosh, I love books that are Amish and Mennonite Fiction and have not read this author yet!!! Thanks so much for the tip, I'm heading to the library tonight!

Mary Jo said...

Oh Catherine, if you like Beverly Lewis, you will love Cindy Woodsmall! Trust me, you'll be hooked too! Can't wait to see you again, I love chatting with you!

audreyscountrycrafts said...

I need some good reading for during the holidays. Will have to check the library for her books!
Have a very Merry Christmas!