Drama, Romance, Intrigue...

Love. Early American Style.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Want to read a good book?

Many of you know, I love reading Beverly Lewis's novels about Amish life. The fictional stories are always fun and relaxing, and I think that I have read everything she has written.

I recently purchased a few books from author Cindy Woodsmall. Amazing! The first book I read of hers was "When the Heart Cries" from her Sisters of the Quilt series. Wow, WOW! I couldn't put it down.

I still love Beverly Lewis, and enjoy the sing song sound of her words, but honestly, I could always figure out what was going to happen next.

Cindy Woodsmall's book was so intriguing, so exciting and full of energy, I couldn't put it down. I read the book in one day, even staying up very late to finish it.

"When the Heart Cries" made my heart cry. I haven't felt that involved in a story in quite some time. I cried several times, and simply enjoyed every page. Even though I was savoring what was being said on this page, I couldn't wait to jump to the next page to continue. How delightful!

So if you are in the mood for a good read, I do suggest this first book in the series. I cannot wait to start the next, but I know that I won't be able to put it down, so I'll have to get caught up on work and life to make the time to sit and indulge in the next book in the series.

Many Blessings,
Mary Jo

1 comment:

Linda said...

Thanks Mary Jo....I will try to find that book too.
I just finished Jennifer Chaverini's
The Quilter's Holiday and Debbie Macomber's newest, The Perfect Christmas.
Have a good weekend.
Linda/simplycountryseasons